ACCEPATBLE USE POLICY
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our site, make contact with other users on our site, link to our site, or interact with our site in any other way.
The website, www.swapcash.mu (the “Site”) is a site operated by Swap Traders Ltd (“We”). We are registered in the Republic of Mauritius under company number C173737 and have our registered office at 3rd Floor, Noah Wealth Centre, Silk Road, Jin Fei Smart City.
We are a private limited company and our activities cover (i) wholesale of new and refurbished mobile phones, tablets, computers, computer peripheral equipment and software (ii) owner of the Swap and Swaptou brands and (iii) conception of the first digital trade in platform for smartphone and tablet devices in Africa.
To contact us, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our customer service line on +230 260 8600.
By using our Site you accept these terms
By using our Site, you confirm that you accept the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
Other terms that may apply to you
Our Terms and Conditions of our Site use also apply to your use of our Site.
Changes to the terms
We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Site, please check these terms to ensure that you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate, discriminate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our Terms and Conditions of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our Content Standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole. We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in the Republic of Mauritius and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any intellectual property rights of any other person inclusive of but not limited to copyright, database right or trade mark.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal content or activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as but not limited to copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism or money laundering.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
When we consider that a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a material breach of the Terms and Conditionsupon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Please note that the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by Mauritian law. You and we both agree that the courts of the Republic of Mauritius will have exclusive jurisdiction.