At Swap Traders, we care about your personal data and the way in which it is used.
This Privacy Notice sets out the terms and conditions upon which Swap Traders may collect and hold information about you when you visit its website, how that information may be used and your legal rights. Please take time to read this Privacy Notice carefully and contact us if you have any questions about its content.
Collection of Personal Data
By using this website or our services, Swap Traders may collect a range of your personal information as follows :
- Name and Surname
- National identity Card Number
- Passport details
- Residential address
- Contact details
- Curriculum Vitae if applying for a job at Swap Traders
- Visits to our websites
- Enquiries about our products and services
- Any other personal data necessary to fulfil your special requests; and
- Any other personal data that you choose to provide to us.
For marketing purposes, we may ask you to provide your email address if you choose to subscribe to our newsletters, promotional and special offers. The provision of this information is purely voluntary, and you may opt out of receiving our marketing communications at any time by unsubscribing to these communications.
Use of Personal Data
You acknowledge that Swap Traders may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing you with our services
- Assisting you with your queries
- Building and maintaining client relationship
- Notifying clients of new products
- Client records and internal data management
- Ensuring security of our offices and people
- Recruitment purposes
- Marketing purposes where you have provided your consent to receive it.
- Promoting our corporate initiatives (i.e corporate events)
- Complying with any legal or regulatory obligations imposed on us
- Any other purpose relating to our business activities
- Disclosure of personal data
Swap Traders does not disclose personal data to third parties unless:
- It is required by law;
- The use or disclosure is permitted by this policy;
- We believe it necessary in order to provide you with a product or service which you have requested or are contracted to;
- To protect the rights, property or personal safety of any member of the public or a customer of Swap Traders or the interests of Swap Traders;
- Some or all of the assets or operations of Swap Traders are or may be transferred to another party as part of the sale of some or all of Swap Traders’s business; or
- You have given your express consent.
Moreover, we do not sell and/or trade in any personal data collected on this Website.
Security of personal data
Only the designated and authorised persons are provided access to personal information; such individuals have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect personal information that we hold against unauthorised disclosure or unlawful processing. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk.
Update Personal Records
If you believe that information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you may request for your personal data to be amended and rectified where it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed.
Access to your personal data
If you wish to confirm if we hold your personal data and which data we hold, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall provide you with a copy of details of the personal data. Please note that we process your request only after confirming your identity by asking you some questions.
We shall process and respond to your request free of charge unless your request involves retrieving a large of volume of data or the request is excessive, baseless, and repetitive in which case we reserve the right to charge a fee.
We shall destroy your personal data once there is no legal obligation for us to keep it or we do not require it for our business purposes.
Withdrawal of Personal data
You may withdraw your consent and/or rectify or erase any personal data or put a stop to the way that your personal data is being used, provided that there is no other lawful purpose for which such data is required to be processed.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of data from a website that is stored within a web browser that the website can retrieve at a later time. Cookies are used to tell the server that users have returned to a particular website. When users return to a website, a cookie provides information and allows the site to display selected settings and targeted content.
Cookies also store information such as shopping cart contents, registration or login credentials, and user preferences. This is done so that when users revisit sites, any information that was provided in a previous session or any set preferences can be easily retrieved.
How can I delete cookies?
Please refer to www.allaboutcookies.org for details on how to delete or reject cookies and for further data on cookies generally. Please note that most browsers automatically accept cookies so if you do not wish cookies to be used you may need to actively delete or block the cookies.
Amendments to the Privacy Notice
Please note that the present Privacy Notice will be reviewed and updated on a periodic basis and the latest version of the notice will be displayed.
Complaints regarding any breaches of this Policy and/or contraventions of the applicable data protection laws and regulations in force may be reported to our Data Protection Officer (contact details) or to the Data Protection Commissioner in Mauritius (email@example.com).
If you have any further questions with regards to your rights as set out in this Present Notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer or other contact:
Data Protection Officer
Corporate Support Services Ltd
2, Labourdonnais Street
Attn : Ms Aditi Boolell